- Status: For Rent
- Plot Size: 23390 sq. ft.
- Size (Covered): 5822 sq. ft.
- Furnishings: Fully Furnished
- Pool: Infinity edge pool
Set on a ridge with dramatic sea views across a mahogany tree gully, is this stunning 4-bedroom villa surrounded by half-acre of beautiful gardens. The house features double-height living spaces, extensive outdoor terraces and a large swimming pool. The large roof terrace and mezzanine-level study offers stunning views of the West Coast.
Summer US$ 1,500
Winter US$ 2,000
Sitting on a ridge above the West Coast of Barbados with dramatic views out to the ocean, Atelier House is a stunning Caribbean retreat. The design was conceptualised in close collaboration with the interior architect / owner, who has completed projects for discerning homeowners in London, France, Italy and Kenya.
The dramatic double-height living space maximizes the stunning views which extend beyond the outdoor terraces and pool across a mahogany tree-filled gully to the Caribbean Sea. In addition to the ground-level terraces and 32 x 27 ft. pool there is a large roof terrace and mezzanine-level study offering stunning views of the West Coast. The villa is surrounded by a half-acre of gardens featuring indigenous palms, lilies, bougainvillea and many flowering shrubs.
The accommodation comprises four spacious bedrooms; the upstairs master suite has a glazed balcony with views over the sea and a covered outdoor terrace for relaxing; the en suite bathroom has separate bath and shower facilities. The three guest bedrooms are all located on the ground floor; an en suite guest bedroom features an enclosed outdoor shower, while the two additional guest bedrooms share a bathroom between them.
All lighting is LED
Hot water is electric
Interiors by Amanda Snow. London based interior designer.
All structural elements designed to withstand hurricane force winds.
Architect- London architecture with experience across the Caribbean.
Structural engineering - Alan Armstrong Associates. Local firm from Christchurch, Barbados.
Furniture (by separate arrangement) includes one off pieces and contemporary classics by B&B Italia, Artemide, Jasper Morrison, Cassina and Ligne Roset.
Design Engineers - Packman Lucas. London firm with a stellar record for innovative engineering design. Ron Packman is the chief engineer for Thomas Heatherwick - arguably one of the world’s most inventive designers.
Two kitchens imported from the UK, with worktops and island made of white granite. With one of Kitchens in the pavilion and the other at the rear of the villa- The Chef can entertain guests with his skills or prepare food in the rear kitchen allowing for a more intimate gathering in the pavilion
Closest beach: Gibbs Beach
Pool depth & size: 32x27 ft
Dedicated drying space for laundry
Booking of 6 or more persons, a laundress will be provided
Two single beds can be used jointly as a king bed or separately
- Large roof terrace
- Dramatic ocean views
- Mezzanine study area
- Gorgeous natural views
- Indigenous garden plants
- Glazed balcony in Master suite
- Finished with elegant materials
- Astounding architecture & engineering
- Located on West Coast, near all amenities
- New covered lounge terrace overlooing the gully
- Two kitchens; one in the pavilion and the other is situated in the rear of the villa
Amenities:110 volts, 220 volts, ADSL, All bedrooms air conditioned, BBQ, Breezy location, Cable TV, Ceiling fans in all bedrooms, Ceiling fans in living room, Covered terrace, DVD / Video, Electric gates, Electric water heater, Enclosed Gardens, Established gardens, Family location, Flat screen TV, Furnished, Gated entrance, Hair dryer, High ceilings, Ice maker, IPOD Docking Station, Luxury Finishes, Master bedroom en suite, Panoramic views, Patio, Private location, Private terrace / deck, Restaurants close by, Roof terrace, Sea Views, Staffed, Study, Sun loungers, Sun umbrellas, Swimming Pool, Swimming pool - Infinity edge, Telephone, Terrace, TV, Wireless broadband connection
|04/15/2016 - 12/14/2016||Summer||4||US$ 1,500|
|12/15/2016 - 04/14/2017||Winter||4||US$ 2,000|
Children welcome with supervision, Special rates apply for Christmas and New Year
|Bedroom Name||King||Queen||Twin||Single||Bathroom Type||Bath/Shower||Door To||Dimensions (ft)|
|Master Bedroom - first floor||1||-||-||-||Ensuite||Bath and Shower||-||0 x 0|
|Bedroom 2 - ground floor||1||-||-||-||-||Shower Only||-||0 x 0|
|Bedroom 3 - ground floor||-||1||-||-||Shared||Shower Only||-||0 x 0|
|Bedroom 4 - ground floor||1||-||-||2||Shared||Shower Only||-||0 x 0|
|Villa Manager||Visits property regularly and available on demand|
|Housekeeper||6 days per week. 9:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|Chef||6 days per week. 8:30 am until. Prepares up to 3 meals a day|
|Laundress||Included when there are more than 6 persons in house|
Please click below to see enlarged versions of plans:
- Floor Plans
- The Shell Gallery: The largest sea shell shop in the Caribbean with rare and exotic sea shells perfect for decorating or as a gift.
- Gibbs Beach: Serene with very few people and little activity. Provides shade and safe swimming.
- Mullins Beach: Popular beach with access to beach chairs and umbrellas for US $10
- Mullins Restaurant and Bar: Eclectic mix of Caribbean, Seafood and International cuisine on an open air deck situated on a sandy beach looking onto the azure waters of Barbados.
- Mullins Beach Bar and Restaurant: : Eclectic mix of Caribbean, Seafood and International cuisine on an open air deck situated on a sandy beach looking onto the azure waters of Barbados
- Limegrove Lifestyle Centre: Limegrove Lifestyle Centre has emerged as the most stylish place to shop, dine, and lime for all visitors and residents of Barbados. The Centre is home to many of the world's leading retail brands such as Armani, Louis Vuitton, and Michael Kors, while The Grove offers the finest in contemporary Caribbean living. An open courtyard with a stunning waterfall feature lies in the middle of the centre where fine dining range from Thai, Greek and Italian. There are also 2 grand cinemas to catch a movie while munching on delicious treats.
- Tides Restaurant: Culinary art awaits you at the water’s edge of the Platinum Coast offering the perfect blend of ambience and mouth-watering culinary creations.
- First and Second Street: This venue offers a great mix of food, lounging, and party spots. You can visit Piano Bar to sip drinks while listening to lovely singing and piano playing, or if you want something more upbeat visit Elbow Room on Friday’s to have a great time. First and Second street have over 6 locations to dine and over 5 spots to lounge and or party.
- Chattel Houses: Bright and quaint, traditional Chattel Houses provide clothing, jewelry, fine art and small eateries to grab a relaxing meal while shopping and walking around.
- Massy Supermarket: This supermarket offers just more than basic necessities compared to other supermarkets in Barbados. Distinctive features include flowers, magazines and a pharmacy.
- Beach House: This complex includes shopping, The Beach House Restaurant and our very own West Coast Villas.
- Zaccios: A beachfront restaurant serving an international cuisine and is open for lunch and dinner. Known for their yummy pizzas be sure to try this out!
- Posh Nosh: This innovative concept prepares fresh and frozen meals equivalent to a restaurant but for consumers to take home and enjoy.
- List the coffee shops: With 4 cafés available in this area, guests can choose from Café Moya, Coffee Bean, Italian House and Pastry Box where yummy café latte’s and little eateries are served.
- List Banks: There are 4 banks available, these include Royal Bank of Canada, Republic Bank, First Caribbean Bank and Scotia Bank.
- Sunset Crest Property Owners Beach Access: Persons who are staying in select Sunset Crest properties have access to the swimming pool and sun bathing deck at The Beach House Restaurant. Members also benefit from direct beach access from the pool deck unto a white sandy beach.
- Saturday's farmers market: Open every Sunday from 9 am until 2 pm: Set in the grounds of the historic Holders House, and overlooking the beautiful Holders polo field, our market is alive with the hum of music and the chatter and banter of locals and visitors alike mingling around the individual stalls filled with arts and crafts or food products such as jams, jellies and chutneys. Located on Holders Hill, St James.
- Discovery Bay Hotel: Discovery Bay consists of charming plantation-style houses set in beautiful landscaped gardens . Located on the fashionable West coast of the island, days at this hotel Barbados are centred around the beach, the pool and the Sugarbird Bar and Grill.
- West Coast Villas Sotheby’s International: West Coast Villas opened its doors as a boutique estate agency in 2004, catering to the high end clientele of the island’s West Coast. Focusing heavily on delivering the highest level of service, we spend a significant amount of time listening to our clients so we can understand their requirements and respond with a range of options we feel best represents their preferences in terms of size, location, budget and lifestyle. Our ultimate goal is our client’s happiness, and based on this committed approach we have built an established clientele of both local and overseas buyers whilst securing a solid and respected position as experts in the Barbados real estate market.
United States of America
|Anthony (Chef) is awesome his meals were exceptional and he made us feel at home. Judy and her assistant (Housekeeper and Laundress) were great, they took care of everything . I did not lift a finger - vacation at its best.|
|It was again a great vacation. Anthony was fabulous and made our stay excellent. The villa itself is as before fantastic Maybe next year again!|
|David, Molly, Bruce, Nancey, Brett, Amy, Robert, Joanne and Louis|
|Exceptional home, location and people! First visit for most of us, hopefully not the last – thank you for the lovely introduction to Barbados! Cheers!|
|Linda and Martin Ryan|
|What a wonderful house. We have had an amazing time. Barbados is fantastic we had the best time. Judy thank you for being such a star.|
|Sarah and Mark |
|Thank you for our wonderful and memorable stay at Atelier House. This place is paradise. Judy you have made our stay so special|
|Our third trip as a family to Barbados and by far the most enjoyable. A fantastic house in an idyllic setting- those sunsets! Many thank to Judy for all her help|
|Smiths, Hunt and Shelley|
|Our first trip to Barbados has met all our expectation and more! The house is fabulous and a great place to stay- fantastic views. Thanks to Judy for all her help and recommendations! We are so sad to leave and will be back soon!|
|Atelier House is spectacular. Another wonderful family holiday with the Kalaydjians. Fabulous days filled with beach, swimming, memorable catamaran trip swimming with sea turtles. Delicious meals, walks, conversations; great times for the kids! Thanks to the staff for the taking good care of us.|
|This was an amazing trip. Thank to Rashita and Judy for taking care of us|
|ThisThis was legend….wait for it…DARY. LEGENDARY, no seriously it was epictastic (new word) and thank you to Rashita and Judy for taking great care of us|
|John and Cardine Kalaydjian|
|Another fabulous vacation shared with the Webster family! Such precious, precious memories – glorious days, sunsets, grilled fish, evening at The Cliff. Thank you Rashita and Judy, thank you Barbados|
|We had an awesome time in this beautiful house! Judy and Rashita were so accommodating and helpful. Our meals were delicious and all of our needs met and exceeded. We went on the Seaduced catamaran as a family and it was a highlight of our trip. Well worth renting for the day. Thank you for sharing this special house with us. Best Vacation!|
|A truly wonderful holiday! The villa was magival and Rashida and Judy were absolutely fantastic – we all loved her food!!! The day on ‘Seaduced’ was unforgettable, not forgetting Sun night at Ragamuffins!! Hope to see you next Easter. Thank you|